Volume 2 (Complete)

This is the complete volume 2, which includes previously released chapters 1-12 and 15 0-11, 13 and 14 (with a few revisions), newly translated chapter 13 12, new omake pages (that have never been translated before) and covers.

v2 (apparently the front and back cover omake pages were in the wrong order, also tweaked levels of some of the pages to get better detail):

Mediafire
Rapidshare

Naturally, this release post would not be complete without mentioning FoOlRulez, the one and only home of the original recipe Fried Oysters. If only those folks did a better job, I would not have taken on the re-translation of volume 2. I wish them well (and for the sake of their leader’s sanity I wish that no other translator ever cares about the series they work on more than they do themselves).

Update: I saw Kirara 2008-04 raw today and realized that my chapter numbering for volume 2 is messed up: I followed F-rulez’ numbering and what they call chapter 1 is actually a volume-only prologue chapter (what came out in Kirara 2008-04 was actually the last regular chapter of volume 1). Long story short: to be consistent with other volumes, chapters 1-15 are now chapters 0-14, I updated the blog, renamed the files and re-uploaded the volume 2 release.

14 comments for “Volume 2 (Complete)

1. 14 December 2010 at 14:35

Thanks for your translations.This translation made me start to translate K-On to Spanish. In fact, I use this translation as a base.I am aware that there's a lot of expressions in this translation, and it's fine. I can also read basic Japanese, so I'm using the raws too. That way, I can learn more Japanese and write a decent-quality translation.The thing is, Spanish language is very difficult to write properly (grammar, spelling) and there's a single group that translates K-On, and it's awful.As requested by yourself in the FAQ, the credits for the english translation in my version are given to anonymous.Again, thanks a lot for your awesome work!

2. 7 March 2010 at 8:37

Sure, you can use it, but I honestly wouldn't recommend it. K-ON! has a lot of colloquial expressions and most of the time I try to use equivalent expressions from modern American English to translate them (to preserve the feel of the characters' speech). If your translator doesn't do a good job finding equivalents for those expressions in your native language, you may end up with something very different from the original Japanese text. In other words, if you want to do a proper job translating this series, find an actual Japanese translator for your group.

3. 5 March 2010 at 19:25

Thanks for your translations!And could our group use your translation to translate it in russian?PS sorry for my english

4. Anonymous
    17 February 2010 at 22:01

Thanks for translation!.

5. Anonymous
    2 November 2009 at 0:06

Woxxy, get out. Not trying to be mean, but in all honesty, your translation of K-ON! really sucks compared to Shinkage. You're not doing the series anymore so quit posting here.That is all.

6. Variance
    1 November 2009 at 9:15

Woxxy,If the lack of a proofreader makes the quality of shinkage's translation questionable, then why was your group's translation so terrible at times, despite the fact that you had proofreaders? Also, I was following your releases of Volume 2, and I can assure you that you did NOT release all of the volume in 2 weeks; it was more like a month and a half.Please stop trolling shinkage's blog; you are no longer translating the series, nor does anybody care what you have to say in your horrible english. You have no business here, lest you wish to thank shinkage for his work or provide some kind of assitance.

7. ichigo_daisuki
    31 October 2009 at 19:24

I appreciate your hard work to bring this release (_ _)

8. Anonymous
    31 October 2009 at 17:28

Also, woxxy: you started the drama by passively-agreesively linking to a forum to tell shinkage to stop translating your own precious series. So, there's no forced drama by him. And he's doing a job for free, and you started the shit-calling on him.

9. Anonymous
    31 October 2009 at 17:06

I first started reading K-On! about 6 months ago, but got distracted with other things. I recently decided to pick it back up and found your translations. While I never a problem with the Volume 2 translations I found, that was mostly due to the headache-inducing Volume 1 translations.I'm still happy you have finished Volume 2, as I do like the consistency of the entire series being translated by one group. I do hope you pick up Volume 1 one day. Thanks for all your work.

10. Woxxy
    31 October 2009 at 11:48

The actual meaning IS Fryed Oysters, and we did that by purpose. Not in my interest if you do not like it. We knew all along, you were trolled by it.Truth: we did this in two weeks, you did it in a summer, and by doing it single-handedly you have no proofreading, so the quality is questionable.You are scum for two reasons: calling shit on people who did a job for free, and looking for forced drama.Drama is not fun when it's just bitching, drama is fun when you lose something.

11. 31 October 2009 at 9:49

Well, if he did then the romanized name would be “kakifry”, right? 🙂 Seriously though, it doesn't matter. Whatever the etymology may be, proper names are not translated.

12. Anonymous
    31 October 2009 at 9:25

So kakifly didn't name himself after the fried oysters dish (kaki furai) after all? Dang it, and all this while I thought so.Thanks for the release.

13. voor
    31 October 2009 at 7:41

Nice, thanks for the release!

14. Anonymous