Anthology Volume 2 (Complete)

This is the complete volume 2 of the anthology. It includes previously released chapters 1-13 (with some minor revisions), newly translated omake 4-koma and manga by Arai Cherry, comments by all participating mangaka, illustrations, and covers.

Huge thanks to Anonymous who provided the raws back in October.

A bit of trivia:
Front cover of the volume (the picture used for this post) was drawn by Ushiki Yoshitaka, author of Yumekui Merry.
Title page was done by Kuroda bb, A-Channel’s mangaka (which explains why Azusa looks a bit like Tooru 😉

Mediafire
FileServe

Next I’m working on remaining Season 2 BD omake pages and, of course, the new chapters as they come out. I would really love to get the raws for Anthology Vol.3 and 4, so if anyone is willing/able to help me with that, it would be much appreciated.

19 comments for “Anthology Volume 2 (Complete)

1. Shari
    16 December 2011 at 10:56

The pre-abusedloved copy of Anthology v03 I bought on a whim is stained and damaged, so I thought I’d destroy it more by scanning the whole book. 🙂 I hope the images, especially the comment pages, are workable enough though…until you get a less crappy set, at least. Here you go.

• shinkage
      16 December 2011 at 22:46

Wow, thanks a lot! I’ve been waiting forever for this!

Sorry for the late reply, just fished your comment out of the spam (I guess the spam filter doesn’t like links?).

About the scans: the stain/burn mark on the last few pages is going to take some work, but I can deal with it. I am more concerned about the fact that some (all?) of the “left” pages seem cut off from top/left (see 001.jpg, “Manga Time Comics” logo, in previous volumes it’s pretty far from the edge)? Any chance of a rescan (just so that the top and left edges of the left pages are visible)? I hope you didn’t throw the book out after you scanned it 🙂

But either way, many many thanks, I’ll do my best to ensure you didn’t destroy the book for nothing.

• Shari
        25 December 2011 at 18:16

Oh, sure, sure. I’ll try to get it done as soon as I get home on the 28th. Excuse me for being a slowpoke; the holidays is throwing me for a loop.

Thanks, and good luck!

• shinkage
          25 December 2011 at 21:44

No problem, take all the time you need, I just needed to know if you were going to rescan or not (so I can plan my work).

Since you’re going to rescan, would you mind doing a couple more things:

Could you put a sheet of black paper (or something like that) under the page when you scan it, so that the image on the opposite side of the page doesn’t show through?

Could you rescan all of the color pages at 600dpi? If your scanner software has it, choose input source “Magazine” and set descreen to 300dpi, that would remove the moire. For black and white pages 300dpi is enough.

It would be awesome if you could rescan all pages with all 4 edges visible (disable auto-cropping). I need to know where the actual paper pages end so I can scale them correctly to 1600px height for the release.

Once again, many thanks for doing this for me, I really appreciate your help! Happy holidays!

• Shari
            6 January 2012 at 5:06

Everything noted! I’ll try the best I can do with my ancient scanner.

Also, I have to apologize for the delay; both uni and work haven’t been very kind lately. Who knew finding time to rescan would be a pain? Give me about a week more, after my blasted exams are over.

Hope you’re having a less stressful start-of-the-year than I am, dammit.

• shinkage
            6 January 2012 at 20:40

No problem. Take it easy!

2. y=mx
    29 November 2011 at 7:59

Thank you for translating Volume 1 and 2! But I can’t believe there had been 5 K-on! Anthologies out already and the two up-coming ones. ;__; http://houbunsha.co.jp/comics/detail.php?p=%A4%B1%A4%A4%A4%AA%A4%F3%A1%AA%A1%A1%A5%A2%A5%F3%A5%BD%A5%ED%A5%B8%A1%BC%A5%B3%A5%DF%A5%C3%A5%AF

Raw hunting is hard but I will try my best! So far Ebay is tempting me with Anthology vol3…

3. 1 August 2011 at 0:02

Wooow thanks a lot ….
    Can i take this links to share it in my website??
    With credits respectively… =)

• shinkage
      1 August 2011 at 4:00

While you are free to do whatever you want, of course, I wouldn’t recommend sharing the Mediafire/Fileserve links directly. Files can get taken down or expire from inactivity, I can also take them down myself if I ever release a v2.
      If you want to link, I would recommend that you link to the blog page that has the file links.

4. ichigo_daisuki
    8 June 2011 at 23:12

Thank You~!

5. plexi
    8 June 2011 at 12:32

Thank you?

6. Anonymous
    7 June 2011 at 13:17

Kuroda bb? Sweet, Azu-Tooru 😀

7. Anonymous
    7 June 2011 at 3:33

Thanks for the FS mirror. This afternoon, Mediafire finally started choosing a different server for the download (809, I think) and everything is working fine there as well.

8. Anonymous
    6 June 2011 at 14:36

The specific Mediafire server that it keeps choosing to provide your file (download694.mediafire.com) has been failing for several hours this morning. I even tried it from a different computer on a different ISP, but same prob. Any chance of a mirror? Or could they have yanked your file?

9. 6 June 2011 at 8:04

yay, more k-on! thanks!!!

10. Anonymous
    6 June 2011 at 2:30

thank you so much!!! downloading…

11. o2gulo
    6 June 2011 at 1:17

Finally! I;ve been waiting for so long! Thanks a lot!

12. 5 June 2011 at 19:51

hey, I was wondering…what are the anthology volumes? Compilations of stuff? It is different from the regular K-ON volumes right? Is it set before or after it?

13. mr_ark